[icecast-dev] Icecast 2.0 Beta 1 Announcement

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Wed Nov 19 06:56:11 PST 2003

This message is to announce that the Icecast project is now finally moving
to a 2.0 release.  After way too much time in an alpha state, we've decided
to start the (hopefully) short trek to a 2.0 release.

We need the help of any and all users in testing this version of
icecast.  You should not be suprised by Beta 1, as it contains all the same
functionality that is currently in CVS.  We are now in a feature freeze for
2.0 and no new features will be added.  All users are encouraged to
thoroughly test on as many platforms as is possible.

Please send all Bug reports to the icecast-dev mailing list.

We expect to run this beta program for a few weeks, depending on the
results, and have a fresh Icecast 2.0 release by the end of the year
(possibly sooner).  We also have a few new features on tap
(http://wiki.xiph.org/Icecast2ReleasePlan) and plan to follow up the 2.0
release with a quick 2.1 release with the new functionality.

Check http://www.icecast.org for the announcement and link to Beta 1.

oddsock