[icecast-dev] Icecast User Login Question

Dave St John dstjohn at mediacast1.com
Mon Nov 3 17:54:39 PST 2003

So you are saying a possible re-hack of toms sc_proxy.php script would work
better then implementing this within the icecast2 server itself?

A nice addition would be for the icecast2 server to look for a xml file
under the webroot called listener_auth.xml or whatever,
server looks for that file, if found it loads all pertnant information based
on mounts
<listener_auth ="/usernamegoeshere/">
    <User>nobodybutme</User>
    <Upass>holycow</Upass>
<!--local mount point must be a live mount point in order for listeners to
get the specified subscription stream-->
    <local_mount>/subscription-mount.ogg</local_mount>
</listener_auth>

o an example url would be
http://booh.com:8000/usernamegoeshere/
server recognizes that mount and authenticates and then sends the specified
local mount point that the listener signed up for.

Sounds easy but i know it probably isnt, anyways i think that would be a
good starting logic to implement.

(CEO) Mediacast1.com