[icecast-dev] OOPS! (was BUG: page-aligned data in libshout)

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Fri May 16 23:30:31 PDT 2003

Sorry everyone, one major flaw in my proof:

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 02:07:36AM -0400, Arc wrote:

> The last test, and the way the code currently stands, proves that the
> bug is in sending libshout page-aligned data:
>
> [...]
>       self.shout.open()
>       self.shout.send('OggS')
>    def __call__(self, data) :
> [...]
>          out=self.page.header[3:]+self.page.body+'OggS'
>          print 'Sending Page %d' % self.page.pageno
>          self.shout.sync()
>          self.shout.send(data)
>          self.page=newpage
>       return

I was still sending it the raw data, but in a loop so it was doing the
whole broken record thing. that tipped me off, looked back, figured it
out..

probobal with libvorbis.  The reason it was not crashing with strait up
data but was segfaulting with page-aligned data was not because it was
page-aligned but because I was also changing the serial number.. with
the first stream being # 0.

Apparently, if I bump the initial serialno to 1 it works great.