[icecast-dev] Icecast's YP bugs

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Tue Jun 24 22:11:25 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 11:34:07AM +1000, Michael Smith wrote:

> > 2) Should relay icy/x-audiocast stream metadata when connecting to
> > icecast1/shoutcast/etc so that this information is available to YP
>
> Eh? It does. I even tested that with someone's shoutcast stream. It works.
> Just add
>   <relay-shoutcast-metadata>1</relay-shoutcast-metadata>
> to the appropriate <relay>

It's not working... how long has this been in CVS?  Actually all the
relay entries, even the ones that are relaying Icecast2, have it.
Here's the entry for "Enemy Combatant Radio"'s hifi MP3 that is not
working:

   <relay>
      <server>radio.us2.indymedia.org</server>
      <port>8200</port>
      <mount>/</mount>
      <local-mount>/sf-hifi.mp3</local-mount>
      <relay-shoutcast-metadata>1</relay-shoutcast-metadata>
   </relay>

Here's what's being sent to, and responding from, the YP CGI:

Wed Jun 25 07:05:52 2003
< [MiniFieldStorage('action', 'add'), MiniFieldStorage('listenurl',
'http://liveradio.indymedia.org:8001/sf-hifi.mp3'), MiniFieldStorage('type',
'MP3 audio')]

YPResponse: 0
YPMessage: Stream name is required.

And here's the header from the source server:

icy-name:Enemy Combatant Radio
icy-genre:Talk
icy-url:http://sf.indymedia.org/
icy-pub:1
icy-br:64

Clearly, the stream name is not being relayed from shoutcast.  I
compiled this icecast from CVS less than a week ago, I believe, in an
attempt to fix YP and thus make it useable.

What's the alternative to <relay-shoutcast-metadata> if you want to
relay Icecast2 metadata vs shoutcast metadata, so I can fix the
non-shoutcast entries?  Do you use this for icecast1 servers as well?