[icecast-dev] Re: Java Bindings

Andrew Taylor andy at benow.ca
Sun Dec 14 19:12:12 PST 2003

Hello all,

I've created a page for the libshout-java bindings, including a link to
a tarball, documentation and instructions for use.

http://benow.ca/index?page=project&project=libshout-java

The libshout-java bindings are working well in a production
environment.  I've also created a freshmeat entry for it, so it should
be seeing more use.  It is licensed as LGPL.  Comments and suggestions
are welcome.

Libshout-java was created to enable my own java based streamer, bemoan,
which is currently quite basic, but working well.  It reliably streams
mp3s and urls from a playlist, and has an admin interface allowing track
skipping, remote inspection, url requesting, etc.  Features in the
pipeline include soundcard input (using java sound), vorbis and mp3
re-encoding, more admin features (shutdown, etc) and remote dj
scheduling.  If interested, it lives here:

http://benow.ca/index?page=project&project=bemoan

... and is woefully underdocumented, but I'm available if you run into
trouble.

Andrew Taylor