[icecast-dev] Ogg response headers

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Thu Dec 4 19:26:09 PST 2003

At 06:16 PM 12/4/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> > URL ends with ".ogg". If your script ends with ".php" (as it probably
>does),
>Since i got the mp3 part to work, myabe ill try adding .ogg to be parsed by
>php in the
>apache config, since it the winamp request ends up hanging.
>
>thanks for the tips, if and when i get it working ill post the results as
>well as links to the script download.

you might want to experiment with the Content-Disposition header as I use
this header to serve m3u files from a php script...

e.g.

header("Content-type: audio/m3u");
if (preg_match("/MSIE 5.5/", $HTTP_USER_AGENT)) {
         header("Content-Disposition: filename=\"listen.m3u\"");
}
else {
         #header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=\"listen.m3u\"");
         header("Content-Disposition: inline; filename=\"listen.m3u\"");
}

This works with IE, not entirely sure if this technique will work within
winamp, but my guess is no, it might need a URL that ends in .ogg....as a
shot in the dark you could also try :
http://server/yourscripty.php?dummy=/bleh.ogg

oddsock