[icecast-dev] Metadata not updating with oss input module inices2

Ben Middleton ben.middleton at mediasurface.com
Mon Aug 11 03:32:38 PDT 2003

Karl,

> > [2003-08-10  10:41:32] DBUG encode/encode_clear Clearing encoder
> > engine [2003-08-10  10:41:32] INFO encode/encode_initialise Encoder
> > initialising in VBR mode: 2 channel(s), 44100 Hz, quality 5.000000
> > [2003-08-10  10:41:50] INFO signals/signal_usr1_handler Metadata
> > update requested [2003-08-10  10:41:50] EROR
> input-oss/oss_read Error
> > reading from audio
> > device: I/O error
>
> This isn't nice, the read returned IO error which is a fatal
> error, and thats why ices2 terminated. If this always occurs
> when a signal is sent then the driver is broken wrt signal
> handling. Check to see if there are any fixes to the driver first.

Do you mean the OSS audio driver itself for Solaris x86? If so - can you
think of how I could check this independently of ices2? For instance -
running some other audio capture app, and sending a signal to another
process?

BTW I have tried upgrading to the latest OSS driver, but still no joy.

Should I pursue this through the OSS support folk instead?

Ben