[icecast-dev] IPv6 support for Icecast server

BOUWSMA Beery beerstream at ipv6.netscum.dyndns.dk
Fri Sep 27 13:15:38 PDT 2002

[testing a nonsubscriber sending mail from an IPv6 address but
 with an IPv4 envelope sender, dunno if it will make the list;
 if you don't have IPv6-able mail best keep replies on the list]

In an old archived message, I read:

> [...]  However, icecast 2
> already has IPv6 support in it, just so you know :)

Which seems to work well, though I have to ask if it is possible
(or if not possible, then worthwhile) to bind to multiple addresses,
such as both IPv4 and IPv6, since it doesn't seem to work for me.

of `libshout' and `ices'?  I can bind icecast to an IPv6 address
and connect with `ogg123' to it, but still haven't yet been able
to get a source into icecast over IPv6 (IPv4 is fine with `ices').

I've noticed that things like `HAVE_IPV6' and `HAVE_GETIPNODEBYNAME'
are defined for my FreeBSD build of `icecast' but not for either of
`libshout' or `ices', and I've added them to the DEFS as a hack.
Actually, I've just gotten it working, though imperfectly, with a
number of additional hacks to net/resolver.c, net/sock.c, plus some
others to sources that shouldn't need it since I DON'T know what
I'm doing and don't have it quite flawless, but perhaps someone who
*does* know what to do might be able to do it right (in part, the
existing getipnodebyname() call fails with IPv4 on my machine)...

barry bouwsma
beer streamer