[icecast-dev] Some diffs to libshout for MacOSX

Stephen Brandon stephen at brandonitconsulting.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 11:06:27 PST 2002

Brendan,

Thanks for applying these patches - that's great.

We're about to release the latest version of our SndKit frameworks, which
require libshout to be installed in order to compile. Up until now we have
provided the set of patches that we sent to you, and instructed people to
download the iceS-0.2.2 package, apply the patches, and compile from there.

What we'd prefer though is to be able to point people to a tarball with the
authoritative source code, and not have to apply patches or even use CVS to
get the package.

So, what we've decided to do is to ask you if you could please make a tarball
of the ices/libshout package as you have done before, as release 0.2.3, or
alternatively to just tag libshout in CVS, and put the tarball on your
website as a standalone bundle as you did with the much older version (0.1.0
if I remember correctly). [It's only libshout that is required for our work]

I suppose the latter would be easiest to do - do you think you would be able
to make a tarball and put it up on your ftp site, with a link from the
icecast web pages, in the next day or two?

On behalf of the MusicKit/SndKit team,
Yours,
Stephen Brandon
stephen at brandonitconsulting.co.uk

PS if possible, it would be great if you could also apply the other MinGW
patches I sent the other day!

PPS sorry, I nearly forgot to add - in libshout/shout.h, in the prototype for
the shout_strerror() function, you use the word "namespace" as an argument
identifier. Some of our users who are using this in C++ projects report that
this use of a reserved word causes a compiler error when the header is
imported. Could you please also just change this use of the keyword to an
alternative? It will of course cause no side effects. Thanks!

char *shout_strerror(shout_conn_t *self, int error, char *namespace, int
maxlen);