[icecast-dev] Icecast with WinAmp as a stramer

Anders Jensen aj at yanet.dk
Mon Dec 2 02:24:59 PST 2002

At 03:24 02-01-2003, Saiful Azian declared:
>Hi,
>
>I gat my streamer connected to to Icecast server, but whenever client try
>connect to icecast_server:8000, i gat msg "no encoder"  in server console
>users was kicked-out.  My client uses WinAmp, any clue?

First you start the Icecast server with a password
Then you start a shouter (that can either be a winamp with plugin that
creates stream for Icecast server or a standalone streamer like streamcast,
icecast or others..) that connects to the server using password.

Then you can connect a winamp for listning to the server at port 8000
(default).

System devel.
Cybercity.dk, OSS projektet

----
<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it
works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.
      Sig. provided by www.bash.org