[icecast-dev] Icecast & DB storage

Thomas Kirk thomas at arkena.com
Wed Apr 24 07:48:05 PDT 2002

Hi Phil

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:30:09PM +0100, Phil Kerr wrote:

> It's a crazy idea if you are storing a few gig's, raid 5 would do, but

Right now we have around 150GB in this way it it works without a hitch.

> we could be storing TBytes of audio and video, then using raid's or
> san's becomes more of a problem.

I dont see how you will get rid of the problem instead of getting the
file directly from the filesystem you will get it from the database
which again will get it from filesystem??

> That's why we are looking into using
> the cluster management of Oracle, but pull the audio data out and stream
> using Icecast instead of using intermedia.

why not replicate the files on more sans and then control via database
from which fileserver to read from??

> This solution abstracts us from the filesystem, and their limits.

again i dont see it?

--
Venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Thomas Kirk