[icecast-dev] Look for information on title streaming

Aaron Carlson acarlson at once.com
Fri Aug 3 10:42:57 PDT 2001

I am looking for information on icecast/shoutcast title streaming- how is it
done?  Is it done over another port using udp, or is it embedded into the
stream somehow?  I also would like information on the mp3 stream as well.. I
need low level information such as the structure of the stream and any byte
codes or sequences which are important to know.  For example, how does an
icecast stream differ from a standard mp3 stream?  I am writing assembler
level microcontroller instructions to deal with this data, so any and all
help would be appreciated!  I would prefer any documentation on the subject,
but anything will help.

-Aaron