[foms] WebVTT implementation in browsers

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 11:45:54 UTC 2019

Hey Thomas,

Nice work! Look forward to getting that data set made available - there's
not enough standardised test material available for WebVTT.

A could of notes of feedback:
You wrote:
The srclang attribute is supposed to specify one and only one language,
encoded as an IETF language code. This does not match how my videos work.

As mentioned previously, it is possible that the track with srclang="cs"
(Czech) will be exactly the same as the one with srclang="sk" (Slovak)."

That's not a Problem, because you can specify the same caption fund in
multiple <track> tags.

You further wrote: Audio-without-video subtitles as a problem to render.
That's rest: just put the audio file in a video element and it will work.

Hot this helps.

Cheers,

Silvia.