[foms] Fwd: [whatwg] Removing mediagroup/MediaController from HTML

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 16:32:43 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Interesting discussion that I thought would be good to bring to the
attention of the FOMS list.

The MediaController API was developed to synchronise independent video
and audio streams to each other. I've in the past used it to
synchronise sign language video with a video file, or an audio
description audio file with a video file.

What do people think about the removal of that API? Do we have a
replacement that would allow media file synchronisation in a different
way?

Cheers,
Silvia.