[foms] FOMS @ FOSDEM Update

Michael Dale mdale at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 17 07:18:07 PDT 2014

Hi All,

We have opened up the event bright page: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/foms-fosdem-open-media-software-workshop-tickets-13613449193

I have continued to plan the event for a single day. We will also have the 2 days in conduction with the FOSDEM conference. I think there will be lots of opportunity in the larger conference to set follow up focused meetings and we can make it a point in the workshop to do so. If anyone still feels still feels strongly about 2 day workshop in addition to the 2 day of FOSDEM, it’s not too late to adjust, but please represent your interest by signing up and being vocal on this mailing list. I will probably start more public publicity of the call for participation and FOMS next week, pay for venue, etc. So we will get kind of locked in to a 1 day workshop + 2 days presentations / meetings then.

As a reminder we sent out the call to participation for the larger open media room. Its a large room for around 100 attendees. The FOSDEM conference itself is huge with estimated 5K attendees  Getting a speaking spot in the media room would be great exposure for many of the open media projects represented on this list. This forum is great for exposure to key open source integrators and projects for expanding your open media projects reach.

Please submit a proposal your slot, we will try and give speaking confirmation early to FOMS attendees so they can make plans to attend both.  I will also try and reach out indivudally today and early next week.

—michael