[foms] Call for participation in Open Media DevRoom

Michael Dale mdale at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 15 18:00:30 PDT 2014

Open source communities are gathering for the FOSDEM 2015 conference taking place on the 31st of January and 1st of February in Brussels, Belgium. This year we have a dev room dedicated to Open Media software where we will gather to share the latest developments in open media software and share ways for projects to cross benefit each other.

Please submit a proposal for a short talk or panel discussion on topics ranging from: content creation, media encoding, transport and protocol packing, to web video experiences and content delivery.

We suggest targeting presentation time of 20 min for personal or joint presentations and 40 min for panels.

To submit your proposal, visit:
https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM14/

And follow the instructions to create an account and an "event". Please select "Open Media" as the track.

The media dev room presentations are being selected by two organizations FOMS (Foundations of Open Media Standards and Software) and EBU (European Broadcasting Union)

In conjunction to the media dev room FOMS will be holding a dedicated workshop prior to main FOSDEM conference. You can learn more about FOMS workshop here.

—michael