[foms] Open Video Reference Build; hOCR & DjVu

George Chriss GChriss at openvideo.pro
Sun Nov 10 14:17:17 PST 2013

Hi Silvia,

Barring remote/virtual participation I'm afraid I won't be able to attend
FOMS 2013.  But I do have two suggested topics that might add a lot to the
overall discussion and direction of FOMS, summarized below.

======
Open Video Reference Build
 From https://gitorious.org/openvideo_reference_build/pages/Home :
 "The 'Open Video Reference Build' project is a set of tools designed to
facilitate working with 'open video' in multiple contexts such as
software development, live-streaming, A/V conferencing, video editing,
and machine recognition."

Over the past few weeks I've been working on the above and I'm happy to be
able to say that it's becoming a reasonably mature project.  That said,
I've received limited feedback and FOMS seems like a good place to start.

======
hOCR & DjVu