[foms] Fires, Dinners & Arcade games

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 16:14:41 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

If you are worried about the news of a fire at the Internet Archives,
you can relax: it is not affecting FOMS. We will just miss out on a
tour through their book scanning systems, because that building burnt
down.

FOMS will still take place at 300 Funston Ave, San Francisco and start
at 9:30am on Sunday the 17th November.

Talking about the schedule: Tracey, June, and Laura from the IA have
helped me put together an awesome set of social events around FOMS.

We will get a bus trip to a restaurant on Sunday evening, and we will
visit a place with a collection of Arcade games before going to dinner
on Monday evening. Should be lots of fun and give you lots of
opportunities to talk to each other.

The schedule will continue to be updated at:
http://www.foms-workshop.org/foms2013/pmwiki.php/Main/Schedule

None of this would be possible without our gracious sponsors: Google &
Brightcove - so a big thank you to them!

Cheers,
Silvia.