[foms] Proposing sessions for FOMS

Jeroen Wijering jeroen at jwplayer.com
Thu Nov 7 07:32:46 PST 2013

Here's some topics I'd love to participate in:

*) WebVTT - Firefox support, FCC regulations, Common non-CC uses
*) MediaSource - Browser support, HLS parity (captions, metadata,
separate A/V, etc)
*) Multiscreen - Brainstorming on standards & common uses around
Airplay/Chromecast

A preso on Daala (in layman's terms :-) would be awesome too.

- Jeroen

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> FOMS is now only a bit over 2 weeks away!
>
> I. Session Proposals
>
> At this stage I'd like to encourage you to step forward and propose
> topics for discussion. Be prepared to also be the moderator of a
> session.
>
> We're doing this to get a good idea of the topics that we will need to
> schedule. It also allows people to suggest topics about which they
> would like to share some information. In general, we prefer sessions
> not to have slides, but to gather discussion points at the beginning
> of the session from everyone present and then go through these points.
>
> If, however, you would like to give a presentation on a topic that is
> of general interest, do not hesitate to propose this, too. We can
> accommodate different types of sessions.
>

> II. Introductions
>
> As in previous years - we will start the workshop with a round of
> introductions (called "position statements") by each project/attendee
> that is present. Introduce yourself to three points:
>
> 1. Who am I
> 2. Focus and activity
> 3. Current challenges and expectations about FOMS
>

> III. Evening activities
>
> With the help of the Internet Archive, I'm also in the middle of
> preparing some social evening activities for Sunday the 17th and
> Monday the 18th. So, try to keep these free. You're also welcome to
> invite other media developers to join us for these, but I cannot
> promise to cover their expenses.
>

> Looking forward to a productive and fun few days of discussions! And
> keep those session proposals coming!
>
> Cheers,
> Silvia.

Jeroen Wijering, Head of Product