[foms] Proposing sessions for FOMS

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 23:27:08 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

FOMS is now only a bit over 2 weeks away!

I. Session Proposals

At this stage I'd like to encourage you to step forward and propose
topics for discussion. Be prepared to also be the moderator of a
session.

We're doing this to get a good idea of the topics that we will need to
schedule. It also allows people to suggest topics about which they
would like to share some information. In general, we prefer sessions
not to have slides, but to gather discussion points at the beginning
of the session from everyone present and then go through these points.

If, however, you would like to give a presentation on a topic that is
of general interest, do not hesitate to propose this, too. We can
accommodate different types of sessions.

II. Introductions

As in previous years - we will start the workshop with a round of
introductions (called "position statements") by each project/attendee
that is present. Introduce yourself to three points:

1. Who am I
2. Focus and activity
3. Current challenges and expectations about FOMS

III. Evening activities

With the help of the Internet Archive, I'm also in the middle of
preparing some social evening activities for Sunday the 17th and
Monday the 18th. So, try to keep these free. You're also welcome to
invite other media developers to join us for these, but I cannot
promise to cover their expenses.

Looking forward to a productive and fun few days of discussions! And
keep those session proposals coming!

Cheers,
Silvia.