[foms] FOMS 2013 proceedings

Lorenzo Miniero lorenzo at meetecho.com
Mon Dec 2 01:54:35 PST 2013

Hi Silvia,

thanks for the photos, nice memento of my days there!

I can only say positive things about my experience. The organization
was excellent (you, Tracey, Ralph and the others at the IA really did
an excellent job!), it was easy to get lunch in the area, we had a
"social event" every evening (something you don't get often, or not at
all!), we visited the Internet Archive and, last but not least, I learnt
a lot from incredibly friendly people!

It was my first FOMS and, despite the fact I'm basically of the shy
kind, I was made immediately at home, which felt great. I arrived not
knowing what to expect, and I came back home with much more than I had,
cues on potential future work, assumptions I had to correct on some
topics, and so on. I hope that in the future I'll be able to contribute
more to the discussions and so give something back too, considering I
was only mostly active during the WebRTC related ones: attending all the
other ones helped me a lot broaden my view in that sense.

I take the opportunity to also publicly thank the sponsors myself,
without whom I wouldn't have been able to attend in the first place.

Hope to see you all soon, cheers!
Lorenzo