[foms] The State of HTML5 Video

Zachary Ozer zach at longtailvideo.com
Thu Jan 26 14:33:26 PST 2012

Hi Silvia,

They support fullscreen playback, but we list it as partial API support
because of the prefix:

The W3C recently started working on a fullscreen API specification. Using
> this API, it is possible to render any HTML element in fullscreen, so
> custom controls can be added over/around a video. Safari and Chrome support
> this API in their latest versions, using the webkit vendor prefix. A
> similar implementation (using moz) will land in Firefox 10.

It's fair to note that given that the spec isn't finalized, no browser
*could* have full API support.

Best,

Zach
--
Zachary Ozer
Developer, LongTail Video

w: longtailvideo.com • e: zach at longtailvideo.com • p: 212.244.0140 • f:
212.656.1335
JW Player  |  Bits on the Run  |  LongTail.tv