[foms] The State of HTML5 Video

Pablo Schklowsky pablo at longtailvideo.com
Thu Jan 26 12:07:45 PST 2012

Hi, Chris -

Thanks for the updates!  I've played around with fullscreen support in the
Nightly build, glad to hear it's got a a scheduled drop date.

We'll be sure to update the guide as those versions ship (we're limiting
the scope of this doc to browser versions that are currently in the
marketplace).

Good point on the yellow cross -- looks like we forgot to add a key for
those tables.   That particular icon indicates partial support.

    -pablo

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Chris Pearce <cpearce at mozilla.com> wrote:

>  Hi Zack,
>
> That's a pretty good write up. Just a few updates on recent developments
> in Firefox:
>
>    1. The loop attribute will be shipping in Firefox 11 (around 13 March).
>    2. The HTML5 fullscreen API will be enabled in Firefox 11 (around 13
>    March). It's in Firefox 10 (shipping 31 January, next week) but is disabled.
>    3. The crossorigin attribute will be shipping in Firefox 12 (around 24
>    April).
>    4. What does a yellow cross in your tables mean?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris Pearce.
>

> On 27/01/2012 5:39 a.m., Zachary Ozer wrote:
>
> Hi FOMS,
>
>  Just wanted to give you a heads up that we published this today:
> http://www.longtailvideo.com/html5/
>
>  Would love to incorporate any feedback you have!
>
>  Best,
>
>  Zach
> --
> Zachary Ozer
> Developer, LongTail Video
>
> w: longtailvideo.com • e: zach at longtailvideo.com • p: 212.244.0140 • f:
> 212.656.1335
> JW Player  |  Bits on the Run  |  LongTail.tv

Pablo Schklowsky
e: pablo at longtailvideo.com
p: (212) 244-0410

JW Player | Bits on the Run | LongTail.tv****