[foms] WebM Manifest

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Wed May 4 09:07:37 PDT 2011

On 4 May 2011 06:40, Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at apestaart.org> wrote:

> The reality today is that there isn't a single CDN out there (except
> maybe ours, but we're not even in the US) that is able to stream live
> non-adaptive WebM.  Not even Google seems to plan to do it.

Hi Thomas! Thanks for joining in.

I'm confused about what your point is here, other than we should be
considering live streaming. You also seem to be saying that chunked
streaming is the only way that's going to work...so there's no point
in other methods, e.g. virtual chunking for switching bandwidth with
not-live streams?

 -r