[foms] Proposal: adaptive streaming using open codecs

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at mozilla.com
Tue Oct 19 12:11:23 PDT 2010

  On 10/19/2010 12:36 AM, Jeroen Wijering wrote:
> The API is included, in the "scripting" section of the proposal. It follows e.g. the mozDroppedFrames / mozDecodedFrames enhancements.

OK, for some reason I totally glazed over that part of the spec
entirely.  Failed at reading comprehension.

One thing that wasn't there was the ability to set the chunk
information.  i.e. what's the next chunk the browser needs to get.  This
makes it harder to remain compatible with standalone players, but also
might be really useful if you don't want to have to keep reloading the
manifest and can generate it from another source.

--Chris