[foms] Proposal: adaptive streaming using open codecs

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at mozilla.com
Mon Oct 18 13:00:53 PDT 2010

  Hey - thanks Jeroen - that's a good write-up of what we discussed.

One thing that's not in the proposal is what the accompanying API would
contain, since that will have to be built in lock-step with the actual
manifest & file bits.

Also one thing the file might want to contain is channel information for
audio.  Our eyes might adjust easily to changes in quality, but changes
in the quality of the audio might be something that a UA might want to
try to avoid, especially on a regular basis.  You're much more sensitive
to flipping back and forth on audio than you would be on video.

--Chris