[foms] HLS and HLS patents

Jeroen Wijering jeroen at longtailvideo.com
Mon Oct 18 02:20:45 PDT 2010

Indeed, no technical problem.

But the M3U8 spec is very clear that only MPEG-TS is supported as "chunk format". Would be good if we can get Apple to change that part. They already added the possibility of settings "codecs" in a later draft of the spec. Hopefully they're interested in setting the container format as well.

- Jeroen