[foms] Proposal: adaptive streaming using open codecs

Chris Pearce chris at pearce.org.nz
Tue Nov 16 15:45:49 PST 2010

On 16/11/2010 5:23 p.m., Frank Galligan wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Chris Pearce <chris at pearce.org.nz
> <mailto:chris at pearce.org.nz>> wrote:
>
>     On 16/11/2010 6:48 a.m., Steve Lhomme wrote:
>     > Doesn't it lead to more sync issues when the files you received are
>     > not interleaved ?
>
>     Yes, it's harder to manage non-interleaved streams over multiple
>     connections.
>
> You are still going to have to manage multiple connections downloading
> separate chunks.  Will managing non-interleaved streams be a lot harder?

I think managing non-interleaved streams will be harder because you need
to manage multiple downloads in paralell, rather than in the interleaved
chunks case where you logically have multiple sequential downloads. But
I think we'll just have to bite the bullet and implement support for
non-interleaved streams, and I'm ok with that. ;)

Chris P.