[Flac] Increasing number of channels?

J.B. Nicholson jbn at forestfield.org
Sat Oct 29 07:05:02 UTC 2016

Brian Willoughby wrote:
> There might still be a solution for you, though. Ogg and other formats
> can embed FLAC data inside another container, so it might be possible to
> create a 16-channel "FLAC" in an Ogg container as two 8-channel FLAC
> files or even as eight stereo FLAC files for maximum compression. I
> don't know whether Ogg is optimized for streaming such that it could
> interleave multiple FLAC files this way, but it's worth investigating.

Thanks for the informative response, I'll look into this. I wasn't aware
any compression advantages don't extend beyond 2 channels.

Please consider switching to a mail client that respects the
Mail-Followup-To header; I had this header set to the list address because
I prefer to pick up my responses on the list. I don't want another copy
sent to me as well. There are some free software mail readers that will
respect the Mail-Followup-To header like Mozilla Thunderbird.

Thanks again for your help.