[Flac] playback problems with oppo BDP-95

Pierre-Yves Thoulon pierre-yves.thoulon at centraliens.net
Mon Feb 7 03:30:54 PST 2011

Actually, I checked my archives, it's 1.2.0 which introduced the additional
scheme for rice coding, not 1.2.1, but that doesn't change the gist of it...
I remember seeing a note from Josh a long time ago, saying that those new
encodings were only for 24-bit files. I has never seen these on standard
16-bit CD-rip type FLACs, but I found them in the first 24-bit file I was
confronted with (a simple 24/44.1 file).
It may very well be that the low-effort compression doesn't bother using
these.

--
Pierre-Yves Thoulon