[Flac] playback problems with oppo BDP-95

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Sat Feb 5 21:06:16 PST 2011

On this note, is there any way to ask the current version of flac to
create a file that is backwards compatible with an older version of
flac?  I suppose one possibility is to go back into the archives and
grab an older version of flac, then use that to compress everything.
The trouble then becomes how to determine which version of the
decoder your hardware implements, so that you can make sure your flac
files are not too "new" for the hardware.

Brian