[Flac] Build FLAC source on Mac OS X without Xcode?

- - jensiragh at hotmail.de
Sun Mar 22 07:55:44 PDT 2009

Hi,
I have read in an earlier post here on this list, that with Mac OS X Leopard it is now easier to build FLAC from source with Xcode. Because I want to automatically build FLAC from source (i.e. via bash scripting) I am looking for a way to compile it "the unix way" (i.e. via configure, make, make install) without Xcode. So I downloaded the source (v1.2.1), read its accompanying README, build the required libogg (v1.1.3), and (tried to) build flac with "./configure --with-prefix=/path/to/libogg/prefix && make && make install". But unfortunately this failed with the error mentioned below.
Any hints on how to get FLAC build correctly on Mac OS X without Xcode?
Thanks
Jens
...ld: absolute addressing (perhaps -mdynamic-no-pic) used in FLAC__bitreader_read_rice_signed_block_asm_ia32_bswap.c1_loop from .libs/libFLAC.lax/libFLAC-asm.a/bitreader_asm.o not allowed in slidable imagecollect2: ld returned 1 exit statusmake[4]: *** [libFLAC.la] Error 1make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1make: *** [all] Error 2
(I have shortened the output but can post the complete one if necessary)