[Flac] streaming support?

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Wed Feb 25 18:57:31 PST 2009

The official FLAC site has answers to your questions and many
others.  There is extensive documentation which you should read
through in order to get familiar with the format, as well as a FAQ.

Answer to #1 found:
http://flac.sourceforge.net/features.html

Answer to #2 found:
http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html

Answer to #3 found:
http://flac.sourceforge.net/comparison.html

That entire site is very reliable.  The author of FLAC has not made
any outlandish claims about capabilities, so you can trust what you
read there.  If you're doing a research paper, I would suggest that
you read every word on this site and make sure you fully understand
the topic.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting

P.S.  If it seems like I'm being a little obtuse, be assured that it
is my intention to encourage you to learn how to teach yourself how
to find the answers to such things.