[Flac] Replay-gain

Christopher Brown c-b at asu.edu
Mon Feb 11 06:40:42 PST 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008 05:04:25 Pyt wrote:
> Can you elaborate on what you mean by "correctly use" ?
>
> On Feb 11, 2008 1:03 AM, Christopher Brown <c-b at asu.edu> wrote:
> > Is there a way to correctly use the replay-gain feature on flac files
> > that contain an entire album (i.e., multiple tracks with seekpoints added
> > from a
> > cue sheet)?

As I understand it, flac generates replay-gain values for each flac file that
you pass (it assumes they are each a track and that they comprise an album),
along with album values. If you pass a flac file that contains an entire
album (multiple tracks), it treats it as an album with only a single track.

In other words, flac's replay-gain feature doesn't seem to know about cue
sheets and/or multiple tracks in a single flac file. I would like to use
replay-gain to equate each track, which is what I meant by 'correctly use'.

Of course, I may be completely mistaken on several fronts.

--
Chris