[Flac] how to get flac fingerprint from a wav?

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Fri Feb 8 02:21:40 PST 2008

I don't think you'll find any mention of other programs in the
documentation.  What is important is that both signatures
(fingerprints) are calculated on the uncompressed audio only.  Both
documentations mention this fact.  They would not match if the
compressed audio were used, and they would not match if the entire
file were fingerprinted because the headers outside the audio data
could easily differ (especially if you flac archive a bwf and restore
to wav - they sound identical, but the headers are changed).

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting