[flac] re-encode tool win32

Frank Russo russofris at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:23:57 PDT 2007

To answer the original question, I do not believe that there is.

What may be an eloquent solution to this problem is to start a collection of "Flac tools" on sourceforge.  These could be command line or gui utilitis, and would reside in a single permanent location.  This way we could have actual sh/bat files with proper error checking and such rather than one liners.  Back in my windows days, it would take me all of 5-10 minutes to wrap a command line (like the ms example I came up with from  /? instructions only) in a VB6 gui app.  I am certain that someone with similar new age .net skills probably reads the list, and might not mind doing the same.

As for the scripting skill level thing, I did not mean to suggest that computer users would be capable of such a feat.  By "basic command of a **IX shell" I meant that they were on the second semester of a scripting 101 course or had completed "scripting for dummies".  Once you learn what tools are available (how to loop/iterate, how to nest commands, etc) the rest is just chaining the tools together in a linear fashion to achieve the desired result.

Someone put together a tools page, maybe split out flacGUI from the core flac project, and we'll all do our best to extend the tools to make common tasks easier for the users.

Frank