[flac] maybe include new win32 frontend?

Harry Sack tranzedude at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 05:50:55 PDT 2007

hi flac developers,

A user here gave me a link to an amazing win32 frontend for flac (and also
other encoders): Trader's Little Helper (http://thor.prohosting.com/roh0205/
)

Maybe this frontend can be added to the win32 flac installer instead of flac
frontend?

I see many good reasons for this:
- flac frontend isn't really updated anymore, while Trader's Little Helper
is updated frequently
- this frontend solves all limitations the current flac frontend has
- this frontend even allows creation of ffp files and verifying using ffp
files by verifying if the checksums in the ffp file match the ones in the
flac file header and also by verifying if the checksum of the uncompressed
data matches the one in the flac file header: so a full verify (the current
flac frontend doesn't allow verifying using ffp files)
- it even has a GUI feature to fix sector boundary errors
- ... much more (just check the program)

I would love to hear the opinion of Josh to this.

thx in advance
Harry