[Flac] FLAC downloads available for new album produced by Trent Reznor

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 21:56:45 PDT 2007

--- Avuton Olrich <avuton at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, I'm sure it's terribly offtopic, but thought it was extremely
> interesting that the new album[1] by Saul Williams, produced by Trent
> Reznor, is available for download for 5 bucks. It's nice to see FLAC
> getting some respect! ;)
>
> [1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inevitable_Rise_and_Liberation_of_NiggyTardust!

yep, this is definitely cool news, but bands have been selling stuff
in FLAC in a while (mostly live shows); even Metallica has been since
2004.  hopefully this is a trend toward distribution of more studio
material in FLAC.

the really disruptive things is that this model is much better for
almost all artists... if this catches on it's the beginning of the
end for the dinosaurs.

Josh