[Flac] flac filesize limitation

Harry Sack tranzedude at gmail.com
Sun May 13 05:45:49 PDT 2007

2007/5/13, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves <justivo at gmail.com>:

> On 5/13/07, Brian Willoughby <brianw at sounds.wa.com> wrote:
> > If we ever reach this 64 GigaSample limit, the fact that FLAC is a
> > stream should allow multiple FLAC headers to be concatenated in a
> > single file - although that might be tricky.
>
> I believe you can do this with Ogg FLAC.  The Ogg container manages
> the multiple FLAC streams.  Theoretically, we'll never see limit
> issues.

why not? :)
If I encode 192 kHz sound @ 24 bit for some days (WAV file) and I encode it
to FLAC, I think you can have a very big file and 1.5 TB is reached very
quickly.
And in the future audio will even get bigger, when used for HD-DVD en
Blu-ray media and 5.1 channels is considered the 'minimum' setting for
surround sound.

Harry

-Ivo