[Flac] decoding 24-bit FLAC files

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Tue Mar 27 14:08:46 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 11:11 -0400, Rajat Sen wrote:
> I recently got errors in Nero trying to load WAV audio files
> decoded from FLAC, and the only (obvious) difference between
> these and all the others that work w/o probs is that these
> input files are 24-bit.

Nero is a CD burning application, right? Audio CDs are only 16-bit
resolution, so it's possible that's all it is expecting. You will
probably need to convert them to 16 bit before burning to CD. (I think
even cdrecord or wodim will choke on 24-bit WAV files.)

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>