[Flac] decoding 24-bit FLAC files

Rajat Sen rajat.sen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:11:25 PDT 2007

Hi, I've been using FLAC for several years, but mostly with 16-bit files (I
never actually checked until now, but that would be my guess).
I recently got errors in Nero trying to load WAV audio files decoded from
FLAC, and the only (obvious) difference between these and all the others
that work w/o probs is that these input files are 24-bit.

I didn't think there were special settings needed for 24-bit decode, but
maybe I missed something ? I'm using Flac frontend "version 1.7.1 Etree
edition" (by Speek), although the FLAC version itself appears to be 1.1.3.
The platform is Windows XP Pro SP2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have supporting screenshots if
anyone is so interested.

Regards,
Speedy