[Flac] flac car stereos

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 22:10:21 PDT 2007

--- Brian Willoughby <brianw at sounds.wa.com> wrote:

> are there any car stereo flac players?
>
> My CD transports are all broken or stolen, and I tend to ride with my
> PowerBook attached digitally to my car stereo anyway.  Seems like if
> I buy anything to replace what I had, it should be a hard drive
> player that supports flac, maybe with a removable drive.  I remember
> hearing about Linux players many years ago ... anybody know whether I
> could set up a Darwin BSD player and work flac into the mix?
>
> Hopefully some of you have experience with this...

except for some specialty options, the only real general HD based
car player is the phatbox; supports flac and the hd is a cartridge
that you can pull out.  there are a lot of great car hacks though.
I even saw someone who got a squeezebox in his dash talking to a
little linux box w/HD under the seat (check slimdevices forums).

Josh