[Flac] flac car stereos

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Tue Jun 26 21:58:12 PDT 2007

are there any car stereo flac players?

My CD transports are all broken or stolen, and I tend to ride with my
PowerBook attached digitally to my car stereo anyway.  Seems like if
I buy anything to replace what I had, it should be a hard drive
player that supports flac, maybe with a removable drive.  I remember
hearing about Linux players many years ago ... anybody know whether I
could set up a Darwin BSD player and work flac into the mix?

Hopefully some of you have experience with this...

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting