[Flac] FLAC: re-encoding

Jud White jwhite at cdtag.com
Wed Jul 25 21:42:53 PDT 2007

Harry,

I wrote a little command line utility for this in C# - the lib it uses is a
little overkill for the task but it does work.  As Josh noted there is no
compression gain, so I wouldn't bother unless you have FLAC's encoded with
older versions.  I also think Josh said there's a .BAT file out there that
does the same thing.

Here's the file: http://idsharp.com/download/reflac02.zip

It creates backups and shows encoder/decoder windows by default, you can
turn these off with -nb (no backups) and -nw (no windows).  Have flac.exe in
the same directory as the tool and run something like:
reflac -8 -r "c:\flac"

Which will reflac all .flac files in c:\flac, revursively (-r), with
compression level 8 (-8).  The source is available if you're interested.