[Flac] best string setting

Greg M. contrabassboy at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 06:13:36 PDT 2007

Rick,

I'd like to suggest this link:

http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation_tasks.html

and look at the section that reads "If you want to rip
CDs to FLAC.." and look at Exact Audio Copy (EAC)
under that. You will find links to a number of guides
on setting up EAC to get you a good result.

PLEASE NOTE that the "bit rate" and "high/low quality"
fields on the Compression Options is NOT RELEVANT for
FLAC, so they have no effect.

You'll note that the "Additional command line options"
is where you put this info, along with tag parameters.

I usually use -8 for best compression (same quality as
-1 or any other setting 'cause it's lossless, just
smaller file).

Greg M.