[Flac] including images

Harry Sack tranzedude at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 07:09:02 PDT 2007

2007/7/3, Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org>:

> On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 07:18:17PM +0200, Harry Sack wrote:
>
> > Can anybody tell me what the maximum filesize is for an image file to be
> > included in a FLAC file? I'm just exploring this feature and I didn't
> find
> > this yet
>
> The metadata block length field is 24 bits, so the upper limit is just a
> little less than 16 MB. At least in theory, I didn't test that.

can Josh maybe confirm this? I'm planning to include some BMP images of
album art in my FLAC files and those files can become big very quickly. So I
hope somebody can tell me the upper limit for images, so I don't have
problems with it when I exceed a certain filesize (without 'guessing' this
limit). Thanks in advance