[Flac] Ogg Frog Progress

Rippit the Ogg Frog rippit at oggfrog.com
Sun Aug 19 22:06:39 PDT 2007

Hi,

A while back I posted an announcement of my grand plans for Ogg Frog, a
GPL audio package.  Twice now I've announced planned ship dates on the
website, only to miss them because of such life events as career changes
and moving cross-country.

I've started working on it again after a hiatus of several months, but
this time won't pre-announce any more ship dates.  Instead, I'll be
posting regular progress reports in my new weblog:

http://www.oggfrog.com/blog/

In my first blog entry I discuss the addition of FLAC support to Ogg
Frog.  Next I'll be working on using embedded cuesheets to access
individual tracks of a whole-CD backup.

I expect I'll post a new blog entry about once a week.  Next weekend
I'll also add an RSS feed.

Ogg Frog 1.0 will be a player, decoder and cuesheet splitter, and will
support Mac OS X, Windows, BeOS/Haiku and various Linux and BSD flavors.
  1.1 will add ripping and encoding and (hopefully) the Classic Mac OS,
while 1.2 will add support for burning.

However, unlike most Free/Open Source Software projects, I'm not going
to release anything until 1.0 is feature-complete and completely stable
to the best of my ability to test it.  I don't feel that the Open Source
Mantra of "Release Early, Release Often" would serve the need of the
young, technically naive users that are my target market.

TTFN!

Rippit the Ogg Frog
rippit at oggfrog.com
http://www.oggfrog.com/