[Flac] Flac metadata at end?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 21 10:59:27 PDT 2006

--- Nicholas Wilson <nicholas.c.wilson at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> It takes about 5 mins to change some track data for a cd,
> even encoded at best.  This is really not very user friendly, and
going
> through and adding lots of padding to the batch of cds I just ripped,
then
> adding the data, then removing all the padding is a bit cumbersome.

but that's exactly what the padding is for, to keep from having to
overwrite the whole file.  unless you originally encoded with no
padding, or the padding was too small, there should be no problem.

(also, you don't need to add padding to add metadata; adding
padding, then adding metadata, then removing padding does the
same thing but takes 3 times as long as just adding metadata to
a file with no padding.)

metadata is at the front of the stream because if a source is
decoding FLAC and can't seek the input, it can still get data about
the stream before decoding starts.

Josh