[Flac] James Chapman Flac 1.1.2 File Filter for Cool Edit Pro v2

Didier Eggerickx didier.eggerickx at skynet.be
Mon Nov 13 04:59:46 PST 2006

Hello,

Paranoïac? Maybe... When encoding my files in FLAC, and using the Verify option, I do a final test with Cool Edit Pro v2.0, which used a flac.flt file created by James Chapman for Flac v 1.1.2.
The problem is that, when decoding a Flac file with the Josh Coalson soft, I obtain the same file, in content in size than the original WAV file, but when opening the FLAC file in Cool Edit (using thus this file filter), the result is most of the time a little different than the WAV (original or decoded) file. I say "most of the time" because in two cases, it was also exactly the same. How can you explain that?
I have the same problem with MP3, but MP3 is lossy, and I don't know on which version of which encoder it is based, so, in this case, it's more understanding...
Thanks for your answer,

Didier Eggerickx

E-Mail : didier.eggerickx at skynet.be