[Flac] Some questions

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 17:26:55 PST 2006

--- Christoph Anton Mitterer <calestyo at scientia.net> wrote:
> There is one thing I forgot to ask last time.... when using that cue
> feature from flag,.. is it possible to store different tags (title,
> composer, etc) for each range? And if so how do I specify this on the
> command line?

unfortunately, no.
http://flac.sourceforge.net/faq.html#general__no_cuesheet_tags

http://flac.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/flac/flac/doc/html/changelog.html

> I assume that this could be added later via metaflac to already
> encoded files?

yes.  it's best if you know that you are going to add afterward
to encode with enough padding (flac -P option) for it so that the
addition can be made in-place.

> btw: are there any other changes (e.g. in encoding strenght or so)
> that makes it worth waiting for 1.1.3?

I keep that changelog up-to-date with each checkin, so everything
is in there.  the rest of the stuff before the release will be bug
fixes.

Josh